A Beginner's Tale: Learning to Sew (Again) and Knit
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Insane in the Membrane
Ok, this is my first time to blog, ever, and I'm so excited to make my first post! Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to sharing my journey.
Now that's out the way, on to what this post is really about. I think I've truly lost it. I haven't sewn clothes in over 10 years and I've taken a sewing challenge. Faye has issued a challenge to sew your ideal summer dress.
I'm really excited about this opportunity as I had previously decided the best way to get back into the swing of things is to start with a cute, simple summer dress. So, I think this challenge is a great way to get me started on my first clothing project.
In preparation for picking my pattern and fabric for this challenge, I made a list of things that must be present in my ideal summer dress.
1. Must be comfortable. Nothing stiff.
2. It must be able to be dressed up and down. I have to be able to wear it at home, with nothing to do, as well as outside while running errands.
3. It must be bright and colorful, but no big flowery prints.
4. No collars. I hate clothes with collars that touch my neck.
5. It has to have some type of sleeve.
Now that I have my list of wants, I'm off to find the perfect pattern and fabric. Please feel free to send suggestions, or maybe just a shout-out.